These scrumptious pancakes are made with a few simple ingredients. They are so good they taste just like a chocolate-covered banana. You would never know they are healthy and easy to make too.
If you have been following our blog by know you know that we both have a huge sweet tooth. Because we have such a huge love of sweet it is nice sometimes to throw in a healthy recipe into the mix from time to time. This is why today we are sharing with you this Banana Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe. The batter is made with bananas and natural sweeteners and dark chocolate chips.
Ready to start flipping some pancakes?
- Non-dairy milk. We used almond milk but you can use whatever non-dairy milk you in your refrigerator.
- Pure maple syrup. Not the pancake syrup kind.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Oat Flour. If you don’t have oat flour in your pantry you can ground up some oats in a food processor until is it a fine powder.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
Tools that you will need are:
The way you make these pancakes are very simple you just add everything but the chocolate chips in a blender. After everything is nice and smooth we can prep our griddle.
Spray or brush on a little bit of olive oil on the griddle and heat it up on medium-low heat. Once the griddle is nice and hot we are going to be adding our batter. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet and sprinkle on the chocolate chips. You can add as much as you like but if you want to keep it healthy don’t add too much.
Cook one side for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes. After you are all done add some more bananas or chocolate chips if you like and dig in.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 Bananas
- 2/3 cup Non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup Not pancake syrup
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2/3 cup Oat Flour
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a blender blend, all the ingredients except the chocolate chips until everything is nice and smooth.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and warm-up over medium-low heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and sprinkle the chocolate chips. Cook one side for about 5-6 minutes then flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with banana slices or chocolate chips and enjoy them.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Banana Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.