Sticking with a classic. Pancakes! Today we are going to share how to make boxed pancake mix even better. These tips make the most fluffy and delicious pancakes.
Almost every Sunday morning growing up we always had pancakes for breakfast. We kid you not. On Sunday it would be classic pancakes the next Sunday it would be strawberry pancakes. Let us guess what you are thinking “didn’t you get sick of eating pancakes?” If we are being honest, yes but then you grow up to miss little things like that. Then you starting making pancakes for yourself on Sunday mornings.
Some days we make the pancake mix from scratch but most days we use the boxed mix. Now we notice that boxed mix doesn’t taste as good as homemade pancake mix but most days we are all looking for something quick. So, we have a few secrets to share with you on how to make box pancake mix taste better.
Secret 1: Melted butter. By adding melted butter into the batter it makes the pancakes fluffy and gives it that wonderful buttery taste to it.
Secret 2: Vanilla extract. This creates a more flavorful pancake instead of just the mix on its own. It pairs perfectly with melted butter that we added in as well.
Even with these little add-ins, it makes a big difference in how boxed pancakes taste. So give it a try and enjoy.
Better Boxed Pancakes
- 2 cups Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Spray pancake griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle on medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients together. DO NOT OVER MIX. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Flip only once. Tip: You will know when to flip when the top starts to bubble and the bottoms are golden.
- Once they are all cooked top with butter and maple syrup or favorite pancake topping. Enjoy!
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.