This breakfast sandwich made with a flaky tender buttermilk biscuit loaded with eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese. It is easy to make and unbelievably delicious.
The buttermilk biscuits
For this recipe, we are using buttermilk biscuits for this breakfast sandwich recipe. We have always preferred biscuits when it comes to breakfast sandwiches over other breads like English muffins or bagels.
We’ll be making these biscuits from scratch and if you haven’t made biscuits before don’t worry we promise you it is not hard at all. Here a few helpful tips.
- Always use cold ingredients! To achieve those beautiful layers in your biscuit always use cold butter. When you cut your butter into the flour make sure that the butter is cut into cubes and gets well coated with flour. Those lumps of butter will melt during making creating those lovely layers.
- Don’t have any buttermilk? Not a problem to make buttermilk pour 1 cup of milk into a bowl. Take out 1 tablespoon. Replace that tablespoon with lemon juice or vinegar. Stir and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Now you have buttermilk. You could also use one of our favorite products Bob’s Red Mills Sweet Cream Buttermilk Powder. This not sponsored we just love the product. It allows us to make buttermilk whenever we need it.
- Be gentle. You don’t want to be too rough when it comes to mixing or over kneading your biscuit mix. This will cause tough biscuits.
- Hey, what about the baking soda? Don’t worry what we’ve learned is that baking soda is not necessary to make biscuits. The only thing you WILL NEED is baking powder.
- To make it easier to cut out your biscuits always use a sharp biscuit or cookie cutter that has a light coating of flour.
- To help the biscuits rise just a little bit taller place them close together on the baking sheet.
Assembling the sandwich
First slice a biscuit in half down the middle. The next part is simple just make your favorite style of eggs. For us, that is the classic scrambled eggs. Then place them onto one side of the biscuit.
Next, add a couple of slices of cooked bacon. Don’t want to use bacon no problem sausage is great too.
On the other side of the biscuit add a slice of cheddar cheese them place that on top of the eggs and bacon.
Voila, you now have a tasty breakfast sandwich.
Have a few leftover biscuits?
Why not enjoy a few with some jam or honey. Or maybe add them to a weeknight dinner. No need to just eat them for breakfast.
Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter cold and cubed
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2-3 Slices of Bacon cooked
- 2 Scrambled eggs cooked
- 2 Slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450° Farenheight. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter. Using a pastry cutter cut in the butter with the dry ingredients until it resembles crumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured surface. Knead 3-4 times. Roll dough out until it is 1/2 inches thick. Use a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow them to cool completely.
- Slice the biscuit in half. On one side add you cheese, bacon, and eggs. Top with the other half of the biscuit. Then enjoy.
Follow us on Instagram @wonderandcharm and use the #wonderandcharm is you made these Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich. We love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.