Tasty toast with scrambled eggs and creamy and rich basil aioli that is super simple to make. Brighten your morning with this tasty and easy recipe.
If you are like us and are always looking for quick and easy recipes for breakfast then you have come to the right place. We are going to be sharing with you a toast recipe that is so good that it will become your new breakfast go-to.
What is aioli?
Most people think that aioli is the same thing as mayonnaise. But it is different. Aioli is a sauce that is made of garlic, salt, and olive oil. There is a wide variety of aioli. Some use eggs others don’t.
For this aioli recipe, we are going to be making it super simple and doesn’t require any emulsion.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Fresh basil leaves
- Lemon Juice
- A few slices of your favorite bread
- Olive oil
- Your favorite style of eggs. For us, that is scrambled eggs.
Tools you will need:
- A baking sheet
- Food processor or blender
How to toast the bread:
For this recipe, we are not going to simply put the bread in the toaster. No, we are going to be toasting it in the oven with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. We learned this from Joanna Gains cookbook. It is so good you won’t want to go back making your toast the same way again.
Making the aioli:
While the bread is in the oven it is time to get to work on the basil aioli. This part of the recipe only takes about 2 minutes. In a food, process throw in the basil, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt. Puree until everything is well combined. Poof, you now have basil aioli.
Once the bread is done and the aioli is made it is time to put everything together. Spread the aioli on the toasted bread and top with your favorite style of eggs. Sprinkle on some parsley. And there you have it a quick and delicious breakfast that is ready to be devoured.
Breakfast Toast with Basil Aioli
- 2 Slices of your favorite bread
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt plus more to taste
- 2 Scrambled Eggs cooked
- Preheat the oven to 425° Farenheight. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the sliced bread on the baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Flip the bread halfway through.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a food processor blend the basil, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and salt together until completely combined.
- Place in an air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread your desired amount of aioli over the toasted bread. Top with the cooked eggs and sprinkle with parsley.
Follow us on Instagram @wonderandcharm and use the #wonderandcharm is you made this Breakfast toast with basil aioli. We love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.