If we had to choose one dessert it would have to be chocolate chip cookies every time. It is a classic. These cookies are made with brown butter which if you have never tried you are missing out. These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip cookies are so good it is hard to have just one.
This recipe makes the perfect chocolate chip cookies every time. They are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Just how we like them and the best part they have the perfect amount of chocolate because we used the giant chocolate chips. Okay not giant but we splurged for the big chocolate chips for these cookies which made them even more perfect. Let us show you how to make them.
Ingredients you will need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Browned Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract (we used Mexican vanilla extract)
- Chocolate Chips (we used Ghiradelli Grand Chocolate Chips)
What is Browned Butter?
Just as the name suggests it is butter that has been browned in a saucepan. It gives these cookies an amazing flavor. The best part has to be the actual browning of the butter because the aroma it gives off is incredible. It is super simple and quick to make.
Why does the butter need to be melted?
Normally, we always use room temperature butter but we wanted to try something different for these cookies. Melted butter is going to give you a much more chewier cookie.
The importance of chilling your dough:
It is always better to chill your cookie dough because it will prevent the dough from spreading when it is baking in the oven.
Good Quality Chocolate Chips:
We use to overlook this part all the time and not make a big deal about it. But we wanted something different with these cookies. We have used store brand chocolate and Nestle chocolate chips and they have all been good but then we found these Ghiradelli Grand Chocolate Chips. These chocolate chips are not your average chocolate chips like the names say grand these are big chocolate chips. Their flavor is excellent they are not too sweet or too bitter they are just right. No, we are not being sponsored by Ghiradelli we just want to share how awesome these chocolate chips are. These melt beautifully too. If you have ever noticed some chocolate chips don’t melt when baking very well because they have a sort of wax coating that prevents them from melting. This is why it is important to get good quality chocolate chips.
Keep the cookies on the baking sheet:
One thing most people do is take off the cookie and place it on the cooling rack as soon as they get out of the oven, but it is always best to keep them on the tray for a few minutes. By doing this you are baking the cookies because the tray is still hot.
Now, all there is left to do is to grab a tall glass of milk and dunk these cookies in.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips Plus more for topping
- In a small frying pan over medium-low heat add the cubed butter and let it melt. Cook for about 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally. Make sure it doesn't burn. It should look golden and have a nutty aroma. Let it cool to room temperature.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the brown butter and sugars for 3-5 minutes on medium speed.
- Reduce speed to low. Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out the cookie dough with a cookie scoop and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Farenheight.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes.
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more cookie recipes? You can find them here.