Chocolate chip cookies are a classic. It’s our number one favorite kind of cookie. When we decided to make a chocolate chip cookie recipe we saw that some people were using browned butter and thought we should try that. Now, we have never browned butter before to be honest when we first heard using browned butter we were a little intimidated, we were not sure how it was going to taste. Oh my gosh, we were surprised! It tastes so good, the smell of the butter as it was turning a lovely golden brown was just wonderful and it is easy to do. Here is our Browned Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
Browned Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup + 5 Tbsp + 1 tsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (and a little extra to put on top) (We used vanilla sea salt, but you can use whatever kind you like.)
- 1/2 Cup and 1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat and cook until it becomes a golden brown color for about 5-7 minutes. Stir Constantly.
- Once butter is melted remove from heat. Scrape the butter into a heatproof bowl (there will be brown specks make sure to scrape those into the bowl as well). Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour and a half until it becomes solid. Once it is solid take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature browned butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla until it is incorporated. Beat in the egg. Add in flour mixture and mix together until combined.
- Add Chocolate Chips.
- On a prepared baking sheet roll 2-3 tablespoons of dough into a ball and then place on the baking sheet leaving each ball 1-inch apart. Sprinkle some sea salt on top.
- Bake for 10 – 14 minutes or until golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, grab a tall glass of milk and begin chowing down.
Now, there was one problem with these cookies. We couldn’t stop eating them.
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this Browned Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more cookie recipes? You can find them here.