A creamy cake batter custard-based milkshake with colorful sprinkles, topped with whipped cream, and of course you have to add more sprinkles.
There is also something about cake batter dessert that always looks so cheery and you can’t help but smile, it has to be the sprinkles. A sip of this milkshake helps too, it tastes exactly like cake, and who doesn’t like cake?
This shake is easy to make, and you don’t need much.
Ingredients you will need:
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Egg Yolks
- Cake Batter Extract
- Small Saucepan
- Small bowl or measuring cup
Ready to turn cake into ice cream? Let’s get started.
In a small saucepan add the milk and the heavy cream on low heat. Whisk together until it starts to simmer but not boil. In a small bowl whisk together the yolks, sugar, and cornstarch until combined.
Slowly pour ½ a cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture to temper the eggs while whisking constantly We don’t want to have scrambled eggs in our ice cream.
Slowly pour the yolk mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the hot milk mixture. Whisk together until it begins to thicken up. Do not let it simmer or boil over.
Remove from heat and add in the butter and cake batter extract until fully combined.
Pour into a heatproof bowl and let it get to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
Then, place in the freezer for two hours.
Making the Shake
In a blender add the cake batter ice cream, 1 cup of milk, and a cup of ice.
Blend together until smooth.
Add some whipped cream and so fun colorful sprinkles.
That’s all there is to it! How easy was that?
We hope you enjoy this Cake Batter milkshake recipe.
Cake Batter Milkshake
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Cake Extract
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat add the milk and heavy cream. Whisk together it has become warm. Do not let it simmer or boil over.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch
- Slowly add 1/2 of the warm milk into the egg yolk mixture whisking vigorously (this is going to temper the eggs).
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan.
- Whisk together constantly and continue to cook until it has become thick about 5 minutes. DO NOT IT BOIL!
- Remove from heat and add in the butter and cake batter extract.
- Pour into a heatproof bowl. Allow it to get to room temperature.
- Place it in the freezer for two hours.
- After the two hours pour the custard ice cream into a blender.
- Add the milk and the ice.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*
We hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you try this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more ice cream recipes? You can find them here.