Refreshing Cherry Pineapple Lemonade. Classic lemonade mixed in with cherries and pineapple juice. If you are a fan of cherry and pineapple together this is going to be your new favorite go-to drink.
We can’t believe that the summer is here already. Is it just us or are the months just flying by? Fun random fact about us we hate the heat. We know that some people really enjoy the warmer days but not us we prefer winter weather. But living in Texas it’s kind of hard to avoid the brutal Texas heat. To help beat the heat we are going to make Cherry Pineapple Lemonade.
The first thing we need to do to get started on this recipe is to make a simple syrup. To make this all we are going to need is a jar of maraschino cherries; we will be using the juice from the cherries. We are going to be adding this to a saucepan of boiling sugar and water. This will create a simple syrup. If you have never made simple syrup before don’t worry it is much easier than you think.
Next, we will be making our lemonade base. You are going to need some lemons, of course, pineapple juice and some more water. Juice the lemons with a citrus juicer until you have one cup of lemon juice. In a large pitcher stir together the lemon juice, cherry syrup, pineapple juice, and water until well combined.
Pour into a tall glass with ice and enjoy this twist on traditional lemonade.
Cherry Pineapple Lemonade
- 1/2 cup Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add together 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the to low and add in the maraschino cherry juice and simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat. Set aside and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large pitcher stir together the lemon juice, cherry syrup, pineapple juice, and water until well combined.
- Serve over ice and enjoy.
If you made this Cherry Pineapple Lemonade recipe be sure to tag us @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We love to see your photos.
Looking for more drink ideas? You can find them all right here.