These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins are perfectly sweet and moist loaded with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. The best part is that it only requires one bowl.
Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Today, we are going to share with you our Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffin recipe. We had a little peanut butter chips leftover from our Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe so we thought why not whip up a batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins. You guys we can’t stop eating them they are so good. It’s like having dessert for breakfast.
This recipe is exactly what you want in a muffin. They are moist, rich, and the peanut butter chips complement the chocolate perfectly. Be warned these aren’t the healthiest muffins in the world but they are so good it will be hard to stop at just one.
Now, that we have you craving muffins let’s get into what you really came for.
In a large bowl sift together some flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Why do we sift the dry ingredients?
By sifting all the dry ingredients it breaks up any lumps and aerates the ingredients. Also, it will help all the ingredients combine more evenly.
Next, we are going to stir in some oats, peanut butter chips as well as some chocolate chips. We used semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use any kind of chocolate chips or chunks you like.
Vigorously whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Once everything is mixed together stir in the melted butter and buttermilk. Stir until all the large lumps are gone. Be sure NOT to over mix the batter as this will cause the muffins to become dense and chewy. Which is what we don’t want for our muffins. We want our muffins to be nice and moist.
The next step is to cover the batter and refrigerate for four hours. You can let the batter sit overnight if you like. By letting the batter sit in the refrigerator it will have time to absorb all that chocolaty flavor.
Then we are going to reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fareheight and bake the muffins for another 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. If it does come out clean you are all done you now have a delicious batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- In a large bowl sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the oats, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Vigorously whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In the same bowl add in the sugar, melted butter, and buttermilk. Stir until all the large lumps are gone. Be sure NOT to over mix.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Line muffin pan with liners and fill with the batter 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes.
- DON'T open the oven door and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into one of the muffins and make sure it comes out clean.
- If it's clean you are all done you now have a delicious batch of muffins. Enjoy!
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffin recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.