A delectable chocolate pavlova that is topped with peanut butter whipped cream, peanuts, and chocolate sauce. Doesn’t that just sound heavenly? Although it may look intimidating we promise you it is much easier to make than you think.
We want to Thank Kiva Health Food for partnering with us on this recipe. We only promote products that we actually use and enjoy ourselves. Our opinion is 100% our own.
Wow, we can’t believe that we are in the middle of January already. When the new year started we made New Year resolutions like everyone else does around this time and one of them was to get out of our comfort zone when it comes to baking. Lately, we have been finding ourselves making recipes that we are pretty comfortable making like cookies, brownies those sorts of desserts. But we want to learn and improve ourselves by challenging ourselves when it comes to recipes.
Last year we made a Black Forest Pavlova. Although it tasted amazing is wasn’t made the right way. It was too thin and wasn’t as tall as a normal pavlova would be. So this time around we wanted to make sure that it was the proper height. Yes, this doesn’t seem like a big change but we wanted it to look good as well as taste good.
Are you ready to make yourself a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pavlova?
Here is what you will need:
- Egg Whites
- Lemon Juice
- Kiva Health Foods Cacao Powder
- Peanut Butter
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
So what is a pavlova?
A pavlova is a dessert that is a meringue-based dessert that is very popular in Australia and New Zealand. It is usually topped with whipped cream and some sort of fruit or topping.
To make this dish it is really easy. You just whip the egg whites and salt in a standing mixer until soft peaks start to form. You then gradually add in the sugar and then the lemon juice.
A few facts about Cacao Powder:
For this recipe, we used Kiva Health Foods Cacao Powder. The reason we like using Cacao powder when we can is that it is so much better than regular cocoa powder that you find at the store. One reason is that it isn’t as processed as regular cocoa powder and it has a lot more health benefits to it. Here are just a few:
- High Antioxidants
- Dietary Fiber
- Omega Fatty Acids
So not only is Cacao powder work well in this recipe but it really great for other recipes too like smoothies, muffins, and even hot chocolate.
We just wanted to share those little fun facts about cacao powder with you. So if you like you can pick up a bag next time you go to the grocery store. P.S. we have a discount code for you at the end of this post to save 15% off Kiva Health Food Cacao Powder.
Now back to the recipe
Once you have everything mixed and ready, pour the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet into a round circle that is 2-3 inches high. Bake in a 300-degree Fahrenheit oven on the bottom rack for an hour and fifteen minutes.
After the hour and fifteen minutes has passed without opening the oven door turn off the oven and let the pavlova sit for one hour. Remove it and set it aside while we prepare the peanut butter whipped cream.
To make the peanut butter whipped cream in a standing mixture beat the powdered sugar and peanut butter together until it is well combined. Next, add the cold heavy whipping cream and whip on high until soft peaks form.
Add the whipped cream to the top of the pavlova then sprinkle on some peanuts and chocolate sauce if you like. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
All that is left to is enjoy.
As promised here is a discount code for Kiva Health Food Cacao Powder. Use the code WONDERANDCHARM15OFF at checkout to receive 15% off your order.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pavlova
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Kiva Health Food Cacao Powder
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream Cold
- 3½ tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Peanuts For topping
- Chocolate Sauce For topping
- Preheat the oven to 300° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Using an electric mixer whisk together the egg whites and salt on high speed until they start to form soft peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar until the mixture creates stiff peaks. Then add the lemon juice and whisk just until it is incorporated.
- Sift in the cacao powder and fold into the mixture. Don't overmix it.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet creating a round shape that is about 2-3 inches high.
- Place on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- After the 1 hour and 15 minutes turn off the oven WITHOUT OPENING THE DOOR. Leave the pavlova in the turned-off oven for 1 hour. Then remove and set aside for the whipped topping.
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- Using an electric mixer whip together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined. Add the heavy whipping cream and whip on high speed until soft peaks start to form. Don't over whip the cream because it can cause it to become grainy.
- Top the whipped cream onto the pavlova. Sprinkle some peanuts and chocolate sauce if you like.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pavlova recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more dessert recipes? You can find them here.