Homemade Chocolate Streusel Brownies. These delicious little guys are fudgy, chewy, chocolaty topped with dark chocolate streusel. Not only is this recipe easy to make it is also quick. Which is perfect because you never know when your chocolate craving will hit.
This post is sponsored by Nestle Toll House. We want to say thank you for Nestle Toll House for partnering with us to create this recipe. We are not being paid for this post and our opinion is 100% our own.
Hello, everybody here today to share with you these Chocolate Streusel Brownies. Also, we are excited to tell you that we have partnered with Nestle Toll House to develop a few recipes. We will be using their new Artisan Collection Premium Baking Chips.
Now it is no secret that we both have a huge sweet tooth but our sweet tooth goes into overdrive when it comes to chocolate. We already have so many chocolate recipes on our blog already like our Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins and our Nutella Buttercream, but these brownies are for the win when it comes to the chocolaty goodness.
Here is what you need:
- All-purpose Flour
- Sea Salt
- Nestle Toll House’s Artisan Extra Semi-Sweet Premium Baking Chips
- Espresso Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
This list of ingredients is for the brownie batter and the dark chocolate streusel.
What is streusel?
Streusel is a crumb topping that is usually made with flour, butter, and sugar. This crumb topping can be used on all kinds of desserts just like our Salted Caramel Apple Loaf Cake.
Tips for delicious fudgy brownies:
- Use good quality chocolate. High-quality chocolate always creates the best chocolate flavor for brownies. For this recipe, we used Nestle Toll House Artisan semi-sweet premium baking chips. They have so much flavor because on their own (yes, we snacked on a few before making these brownies). Mixed in with the rest of the brownie ingredients gives these brownies an amazing amount of flavor. They are made with real unsweetened chocolate, sugar cane, and vanilla.
- Espresso powder. This won’t make your brownies taste like coffee it just brings out the chocolate flavor a little more.
- Don’t overbeat the eggs this can cause the batter to become cakey.
- Do not over bake them. This can create dry brownies.
Tips for cutting out a clean brownie:
- When preparing your baking pan make sure that you line the pan with parchment paper making sure that some of the parchment is hanging over the sides of the pan. Spray the pan and parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray as well.
- Allow them to cool for a good 45-60 minutes before slicing into them. If not they will be too warm and start to break apart.
- Use a sharp knife that will create nice smooth cuts.
And there you have it you now have a delicious pan of fudgy brownies. We hope you enjoy this recipe.
Chocolate Streusel Brownies
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2¼ tbsp Butter Cubed
- 1/4 cup Nestle Toll House Artisan Extra Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- 1½ tbsp Espresso Powder
- 1 cup Butter, melted & cooled
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Nestle Toll House Artisan Extra Semi-Sweet Baking Chips
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, sugar, dark cocoa powder, and sea salt.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter mix in the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until well combined: set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° (F).
- Prep an 8 X 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and parchment paper. Leaving some parchment paper hanging off the sides: set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and espresso powder mix until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate streusel on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let them cool, then cut into squares.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Chocolate Streusel Brownies recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more dessert recipes? You can find them here.