A savory breakfast dish that is simple and delicious for a weekend breakfast. Pork chorizo with potatoes, triple cheddar cheese, topped with eggs.
When we were kids our dad would always make this for us every other Sunday. So, we thought we put our own spin on it.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to whip up and does not take very many ingredients.
Ingredients you will need:
- Chorizo. We used pork chorizo.
- Potatoes. We used russet potatoes. We found these work best for this recipe.
- Pepper. We used black pepper
- Cheese. We used triple cheddar cheese for this recipe, but regular cheddar works too. You can also try munster cheese.
- Tortillas. We have tried both flour and corn tortilla.
How to make the Potatoes
Step 1: Place the diced potatoes in a large pot cover with water leaving an inch from the top.
Step 2: Turn the heat on high and boil for 20- 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
Step 3: Drain and set aside.
Making the Chorizo
Step 1: In a medium skillet add the chorizo.
Step 2: Cook over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes. Break the chorizo up with a wooden spoon.
Step 3: Add the potatoes and mix them with the chorizo. Add salt and pepper.
Step 4: Allow it to cook for 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Step 5: Serve and top with cheese and your favorite style of eggs. For us, that is scrambled eggs.
This dish goes well with both corn and flour tortilla, but it also goes well with toast too.
We hope you like this chorizo and potatoes recipe.
Chorizo and Potatoes
- 2 Link Pork Chorizo
- 2-3 Large Russet Potatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Eggs Optional
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese Optional
- Corn or flour tortillas Optional
- Place the diced potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water leaving an inch from the top of the pot.
- Turn the heat on high. Boil for 20- 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain and set aside
- In a medium-size skillet cook the chorizo over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Break the chorizo up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Mix with the chorizo. Allow it to cook for 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and top with cheese and your favorite style of eggs. Also can be served with tortillas or toast.
We hope you enjoyed this Chorizo and Potatoes recipe! Did you try this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.