A quick and easy bread that is loaded with blueberries, walnuts, and a delicious cinnamon swirl. This little treat makes a great choice for breakfast or even an after-dinner treat.
Before we all jump into everything pumpkin we thought that we would squeeze one more summer recipe before we go into full fall mode. We adapted this recipe from Joanna Gaines Cinnamon Swirl & Walnut Bread.
This loaf recipe is easy and only takes a few minutes to mix together. So if you are ready to have your home smelling like a bakeshop let’s get started.
Cinnamon Blueberry Walnut Loaf Ingredients:
- Sugar. We used granulated sugar but raw sugar works just as well.
- Brown sugar. Our favorite is C&H Golden Brown Sugar but if you only have dark brown sugar that will work as well.
- All-purpose flour. We always use unbleached flour but pastry flour will work really well too.
- Cinnamon. We always use ground cinnamon in our baking.
- Butter. We always use salted butter but if you only have unsalted butter that will work also.
- Blueberries. The star of the show.
- Walnuts. You can’t have a walnut loaf without walnuts, right? Our favorite brand of walnuts is California Walnuts but you use whatever walnuts you like.
- Baking soda
- Greek Yogurt. Our favorite is The Greek Gods plain Greek-style yogurt or the honey vanilla flavor taste great in the bread too.
- Olive oil
- An egg
- Vanilla Extract. We love using Molina Vanilla Mexican Vanilla Blend. It gives off the best vanilla flavor but you can use your favorite brand of vanilla.
Steps to making Cinnamon Blueberry Walnut Loaf:
The first step is to make the topping. Start by mixing together the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. After everything has been mixed together pour in the melted butter and stir until crumble starts to form. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
The next step is the filling. In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside until ready to use.
Now it is time to start the loaf batter. In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until everything is well combined.
In a separate bowl combine the yogurt, egg, olive oil, and vanilla extract.
After that combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is combined.
Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
Preheat the oven to 350° Farenheight. Prepare a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Then add in the cinnamon filling over the batter. Swirl in with a knife. Then add in the rest of the batter. Sprinkle the reserved topping over the top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow it to cool for about 20-25 minutes.
Pour yourself a big cup of coffee and slice up a generous helping and enjoy.
Cinnamon Blueberry Walnut Loaf
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the melted butter. Stir until it resembles crumbs. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Farenheight. Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the yogurt, egg, olive oil, and vanilla extract. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Then sprinkle in the reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture. Swirl it in with a knife. Pour the rest of the batter on top.
- Take the crumb topping out of the refrigerator and sprinkle it over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow it to cool for at least 20-25 minutes.
Follow us on Instagram @wonderandcharm and use the #wonderandcharm is you made this Cinnamon Blueberry Walnut Loaf recipe. We love to see your photos.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*
Looking for more ice cream recipes? You can find them here.