Sweet and tasty Cinnamon rolls that are covered with a generous amount of icing. These delicious beauties would be perfect for any breakfast table.
We can’t believe that Christmas is almost here! We are so excited. Not because of the presents but because of the decorations and the food. Every year on December first you’ll find our Christmas decorations up and some Christmas cookies in the oven.
Around this time of year, we go baking crazy. You would think our house is a bakery. Except we usually don’t bake anything for Christmas morning. Weird, right? So last year we decided to remedy that. For years ever since we were little our family for Christmas morning breakfast always had scrambled eggs, sweet bread, and, tamales we don’t like tamales so really we only have the scrambled eggs. To add something just a little different to the table we decided on baking some cinnamon rolls instead of sweet bread. Oh, boy were they a hit.
So this year we decided we are going to make them again. Not only do these taste amazing with a cup of coffee they make your house smell wonderful. Now that we got you in the mood for some Cinnamon Rolls lets get to baking.
What you will need:
- Bread Flour. You can use All-Purpose flour too it will work the same we just didn’t have any in the pantry.
- 1 packet of Active dry yeast or about 2 ¼ teaspoons.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
Now if you are making cinnamon rolls for the first time it can seem a bit overwhelming but we promise these are really easy to make.
The first thing we are going to do is combined everything for our filling. In a small bowl combine some butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar, and brown sugar together. Mix until everything has been well combined then set it aside.
Next in another small bowl pour in the yeast and a tablespoon of sugar then add 1/3 cup of lukewarm milk. Stir until everything has dissolved and let it sit for 10 minutes to rest.
While the yeast is resting whisk together the flour, the remaining sugar, and salt in a stand mixer. After 10 minutes has passed add the melted butter, eggs, the rest of the lukewarm milk, and the yeast mixture. In a standing mixer and using a dough hook knead together on medium-low speed until everything has come together into a ball.
Roll the dough into a 12×18 inch rectangle that is about 1 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Then spread the cinnamon butter mixture onto the dough then roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 1-inch slices and place them in a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with some plastic wrap or a towel. Place them in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
After they have doubled in size bake them for 18-20 minutes in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven. Let them cool slightly for 10 minutes. While the cinnamon rolls are cooling combine all the ingredients together for the icing. Then add them to the top of the cinnamon rolls.
Tips for making Cinnamon Rolls:
- While you are making the dough turn the oven on for a few minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit then turn it off. This will create a nice warm place for your dough to rise.
- Don’t let your dough get too dry. Don’t add too much flour on the surface when you are rolling out the dough it might cause it to become too dry which won’t make for good cinnamon rolls.
- The icing will be much easier to spread when the cinnamon rolls are still warm.
- Don’t overwork the dough this can cause it to become too tough.
We hope that you will be adding these delicious Cinnamon Roll your breakfast table this Christmas.
Have a safe and very Merry Christmas.
Cinnamon Rolls Dough
- 3-4 cup Bread Flour All-purpose will work too
- 1 Packet of Active Yeast
- 1 cup Milk Lukewarm
- 2 tbsp+1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Melted Butter
- 5 tbsp Butter room temperature
- 2½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling into a small bowl. Mix until everything is well combined. Then set aside until ready to use.
- In a small bowl add 1 Tablespoon of sugar, yeast, and 1/3 cup of lukewarm milk. Stir until everything has dissolved. Let it sit and rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer whisk together the 3 cups flour, the remaining sugar, and the salt. Then add in the melted butter, yeast mixture, eggs, and the rest of the milk. Using a dough hook knead the dough on medium speed until everything has come together and the dough is soft and sticky. If the dough is too sticky add some more flour in a little at a time until it is soft and sticky.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface into a 12x18 inch rectangle that is about 1 inch thick. Spread the filling all over the dough. Then roll the dough into a log sealing the end of it with some water.
- Cut the dough into 1-inch slices and place them in a parchment-lined baking dish. Cover the dish with a towel and let them rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Farenheight. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 18-20 minutes. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients for the icing. Then pour the icing over the warm cinnamon rolls.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Cinnamon Roll recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.