Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away and we thought why not whip everyone’s favorite classic dessert Pumpkin Pie. Made with 100% pure pumpkin and homemade pie crust. This recipe is so easy to make you will be munching down on pie in no time.
No Thanksgiving meal would be complete without a delicious slice of Pumpkin Pie, right? Now pumpkin pie is not our number one favorite pie. That spot will always belong to cherry pie. So why not make a cherry pie you ask? Because pumpkin pie is our mom’s favorite.
Every year the day before Thanksgiving us and our mom spend hours in the kitchen talking and baking up all sorts of pies for the next day. This year will be a little different. Our mom injured her arm and will not be able to do any of the cooking so we’ll be doing most of the cooking this year. So because our mom will not be able to help with pies this year we thought why not make her favorite pie to help cheer her up while she is recovering.
So let tie those apron string and let’s get to baking.
What you need for Homemade Pumpkin Pie:
- 100% Pure Pumpkin
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Vanilla Extract
For homemade pie crust you’ll need:
- All-Purpose Flour. Pastry flour works really well too.
- Cold Butter
- Ice Water. You must use ice water not cold water.
Equipment that you will need is:
- 9” pie pan
- Pastry cutter
- Sharp Knife
Now all you have to do is whip everything together and you will be enjoying yourself a nice slice of pie with a big dollop of whipped cream on top.
Classic Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- 1¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Cold Butter Cubed
- 5-8 tbsp Ice Water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 Eggs
- 1 15oz Can of 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cardamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add in the cold cubed butter. Using a pastry cutter or fork mix until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the ice water to the mixture one tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together. **Note you don't need to use all the tablespoons of water just enough for the dough to come together.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough and roll until the dough is a 1-inch thick circle. Cover in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 425° Farenheight.
- Prepare the pie crust by rolling the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle about 1/4 inches thick. Transfer to a pie pan and cut off any extra pieces around the pan. Then place the prepared crust in the freezer for 10 minutes or until ready to use.
- Beat the eggs into a large bowl. Add in the pumpkin, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Without opening the oven reduce the heat to 350° Farenheight and bake for 42-47 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool for 2 hours. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Classic Homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more fall recipes? You can find them here.