These Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy these are so good that you might not be able to stop at just one. These delicious cookies filled with white chocolate chips, oatmeal of course, and fresh cranberries.
We can’t believe how fast November got here. But we aren’t complaining. Now that the holiday season has arrived we now have a great excuse to eat all the great holiday treats that we can. Like cakes, hot chocolate, and of course cookies. We can’t let the season go by without cookies.
After making our Cranberry Apple Pie we noticed that we had a whole bag of cranberries left. Which left us thinking about what to do with them. Of course, we could of return them to the store but where is the fun in that when we can see what recipes we could make with them.
There were so many recipes that came to mind when we were brainstorming. There were salads, drinks, and the classic cranberry sauce but because we a sugar feans we ultimately decided on cookies.
These simple cookies aren’t made with the usual dried cranberries we wanted to see what they tasted like with fresh cranberries and let us tell you they did not disappoint. They were not overly sweet they tasted like a pie in cookie form.
What you need to make Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Sea Salt
- Room Temperature Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Room temperature egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Old fashioned oats. Quick oats will not work in this recipe.
- Fresh cranberries. You can find these in the produce section.
- White chocolate chips.
Tip for baking oatmeal cookies:
For thin oatmeal cookies press down on the dough just a little after you have placed it on the baking tray.
If you plan of freezing your cookie dough it is best that you portion out your cookie dough into 1-1 ½ in balls on a baking sheet then freeze them for 30 minutes then store in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Room Temperature Butter
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Room Temperature Egg
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup Old Fashioned Oats Quick oats will not work for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Cranberries Fresh not dry cranberries.
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat together the butter and the sugars until it is smooth and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour mixture a little at a time to avoid a mess and mix until well combined. Stir in the oats, cranberries, and white chocolate chip until well combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Farenheight. LIne a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop cookies onto the baking sheet using a 1½-2" cookie scoop. (Flatten the dough if you want thin cookies)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more cookie recipes? You can find them here.