Jumbo bakery styled muffins filled with delicious espresso chips and then topped with more espresso chips. These Espresso chips muffins have that hint of coffee flavor and are perfectly moist. They are easy to make and would make a great addition to any breakfast table.
This month has been so crazy recipe wise. Food bloggers are at that weird transition where we have to get our holiday or seasonal recipes together but still need to work on non-seasonal recipes. Right now we are at that point where we are still working on some Halloween recipes but need to get our Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes worked on as well. No complaints because coming up with all these different recipes have been a lot of fun for us as well as a learning process. We can’t wait to share with you our upcoming holiday recipes.
We have for you today is a simple and easy recipe that is so good. It’s these delicious Bakery Style Espresso Chip Muffins. After making our Espresso Chip Cookies we wanted to find another recipe using Rex Espresso Chips. These Espresso Chips are so good they taste better than regular chocolate chips. We immediately thought muffins.
These are Bakery Style muffins which are a little bigger and the texture and flavor are a little bit better than regular muffins.
What you need to make these Espresso Chip Muffins:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Buttermilk We really like using Bob’s Red Mill Buttermilk Powder. You are able to make as much buttermilk as you need.
- Espresso Chips
- Softened Butter
We used a jumbo muffin pan so we filled each muffin cavity with 1/2 a cup of batter for each. If you are using a regular size muffin pan we would recommend filling your muffin tin with about ¼ cup of batter.
Don’t over bake the muffins they will become to dry. Once they are done insert a toothpick into one and see if it comes out clean. If it does then they are done.
These muffins are delicious and mouthwatering on their own but if you want to make them look even more appealing add a few extra espresso chips on top of the batter in the muffin pan before putting them in the oven.
Espresso Chip Muffins
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Espresso Chips Plus more for the tops.
- 1/2 cup Softened Butter Not Melted
- Preheat oven to 350° Farenheight. Line a muffin tin with baking liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugars together. Then add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add in half of the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly add in the buttermilk and mix. Then add the remaining dry ingredients. Fold in the espresso chips.
- Fill each cavity with 1/2 cup of batter and bake for 25-27 minutes.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you made this Espresso Chip Muffin recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.