These soft chewy Ginger Oatmeal Cookies sprinkled with turbinado sugar to add a nice crunch to these classic cookies.
You’ll love the texture and flavor of these oatmeal cookies with its classic taste of an oatmeal cookie combined with a ginger snap. But beware these are going to be your new favorite cookie they are so good they disappeared fast at our house.
Ready to munch on some? Then let’s get baking.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- We always use salted butter for our baking but unsalted will work too.
- Light brown sugar
- An egg
- Vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Old fashioned oats. Quick oats won’t work in this recipe.
- Turbinado sugar. This is going to create a nice texture in the cookies.
Tips on how to make these ginger oatmeal cookies:
- Be sure to roll you measured out dough in turbinado sugar before chilling it. If you roll your dough in the turbinado sugar after chilling it will make it difficult for the sugar to stick.
- Use parchment paper instead of a silicone mat. This will allow the dough to have closer contact with the pan to create a nice crispy outside.
- Place your cookies in the middle of your oven. This will bake the cookies evenly.
More cookies you might enjoy:
Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- 1¼ cup Butter room temperature
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Clove
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and maple syrup and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and oats.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on medium speed. Mix until combined.
- Scoop out about 1½ Tablespoons of dough and roll the dough in the turbinado sugar. Then place on the prepared baking sheet. Keep each ball of dough 2 inches apart.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Farenheight. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before moving to a wire rack.
If you tried this Ginger Oatmeal Cookie recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram using the hashtag #wonderandcharm
Looking for more cookie recipes? You can find them here.