Mmmmm… Donuts! Today we are sharing a Homer Simpson inspired donut. Which means pink frosting and lots of sprinkles. This recipe is easy and doesn’t take a lot of time to make.
We are both big fans of The Simpsons especially the older episodes. We’ve been watching a lot of Simpsons re-runs and thought why not make a Homer Simpson inspired donut.
These donuts are a little bit healthier than the ones Homer eats because they are baked in a donut pan. So there is no frying involved all you need is a simple donut pan.
These donuts are fluffy and not overly sweet. Perfect with that morning cup of coffee.
Baked Raspberry Donuts
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup+1 1/2 tsp Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chopped Raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until ingredients are well combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fold in the chopped raspberries.
- Spoon batter into the donut cavities or use a piping bag. Filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes. Allow donuts to cool for 10 minutes before moving onto a cooling rack.
- Once they are cooled enjoy.
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more donut recipes? You can find them here.