Lemonade popsicles that are super easy and is a great way to cool down this summer.
Nothing screams summer like a cool refreshing glass of homemade lemonade. But somedays you just need something nice and frozen to cool you down. That is why we are turning this classic lemonade into some nice refreshing popsicles.
What you need:
- Lemon juice
Yup, that is it.
The tools you’ll need:
- Your favorite popsicle mold. This popsicle mold is favorite.
- Popsicle sticks
- A whisk
- Small sauce-pan
How to make Lemonade Popsicles:
The first thing we are going to do is make the simple syrup.
What is simple syrup?
Simple syrup is made from one part water to one part sugar. Then the sugar is mixed and boiled until it has dissolved. It is commonly used to sweetened iced tea, cocktails, coffee, and in this case lemonade.
In a small sauce-pan add the sugar and ½ cup of water. Stir together over medium heat. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture comes to a simmer.
Allow the simple syrup to cool to room temperature.
Next, we are going to put everything together and make the lemonade. In a large pitcher add the lemon juice and the syrup together. Mix well then add the rest of the water. Stir until everything is well combined.
Evenly divide the lemonade into each mold.
Tips on keeping the popsicle sticks in place:
Our popsicle mold comes with a lid that holds the sticks in place but if yours doesn’t have a lid like our here are a few tips on how to keep the popsicle sticks in place.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the mold then insert the sticks.
- Use tape to hold the sticks into place.
Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
Tips on how to release the popsicles from the mold:
In a shallow dish or baking pan add some hot water to it. Then place the mold inside the dish or baking pan. Let the mold sit in the hot water for 45 seconds to a minute to help release the popsicles.
After your popsicles are out of the mold all that is left to do is enjoy.
Looking for more flavor ideas?
- Add some pure strawberries to the lemonade for strawberry lemonade.
- Or maybe some fresh cherries.
- Fresh mint leaves are always a good idea too.
- Some puree raspberries or blueberries are great too.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- In a small sauce-pan over medium heat stir together the sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a large pitcher add the lemon juice and the sugar mixture. Stir together then add in the rest of the water. Stir until everything is combined.
- Evenly pour the lemonade into your popsicle mold.
- Insert the popsicles sticks into each mold. You can place a piece of plastic wrap over the mold to keep the popsicles sticks in place.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*
We hope you all enjoy it! If you made this Lemonade Popsicle recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more drink recipes? You can find them here.