A simple and delicious Maple Granola such a great way to kick off the day. This granola is pack with so much goodness and it is healthy too. This granola is made with all-natural sugars.
We are both morning people, we are not ones to sleep in past 8’o clock and feel like we get so much more done then during a busy afternoon. We workout, feed all our pets, eat breakfast and start working on our blog. Pretty simple schedule just gets hectic on some days so we don’t always have a lot of time to make breakfast when we don’t feel like oatmeal. That is what so great about this granola recipe it is quick and easy to make and you can make it the night before and store it in an airtight container like a cute little mason jar and it will stay fresh for a week. So it is ready for breakfast time!
Our favorite way to eat this granola is with some almond milk or on top of some vanilla yogurt with some blueberries and strawberries toss in.
We were never one for granola, but we been wanting to try new things. Anyone in our family will tell you that we are the pickiest eaters, but since becoming food bloggers we’ve been trying to new foods (it is part of the job).
Healthier than the store-bought kind
Homemade granola tastes way better than anything you find in the store plus it does not have as much sugar. Mind you not all store-bought granolas have sugar there are some healthy ones out there. Making your own granola is a lot better because it will make more than buying granola.
This granola recipe does not have any refined sugars in it. For this recipe, we use pure maple syrup instead of sugars to sweeten it.
Benefits of granola
Since this granola is made with rolled oats it is high in fiber. This means it will keep you full and it is packed with protein from the nuts and iron give you the energy you need to start the day.
It’s really easy to make homemade granola all you need is a few simple ingredients:
- Rolled Oats
- Salt (we used vanilla sea salt)
- Olive Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup (not pancake syrup)
- Vanilla Extract
- Dried Cranberries
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone Mat or Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp Cardamom
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Almonds Whole or Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup Not pancake Syrup
- 1½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325° (F)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, salt, and almonds, mix together. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix everything together until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir the granola around in the pan and then bake for another 10 - 15 minutes until golden.
- Let it cool and add in the cranberries and more almonds if you like.
- Pour into a bowl and add milk or add on top of yogurt. Enjoy!
We hope you all enjoy it! If you made this Maple Granola be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.