We can’t believe how quickly 2019 came and gone. 2019 has had its ups and downs but overall it has been an amazing year. We can’t believe that it is going to be almost a year since we decided to take this food photography journey of ours. We have absolutely loved every minute of it. It is now time to celebrate the new year!
This year we are going to celebrate by making some Mini Apple Cheesecake Parfaits. We have partnered with Crunch Pak to make these cute little dessert cups. These Mini Apple Cheesecakes are delicious and are really easy to whip up.
We do want to start by saying that even though we have partnered with Crunch Pak our opinions are 100% our own. We do not promote anything we don’t use ourselves.
Now let get into making some mini apple cheesecake parfaits shall we.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Ginger cookies
- Crunch Pak’s Sweet Sliced Apples
- Heavy Cream
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
- Food Processor
- Hand mixer or Standing mixer
- Mini Parfait Cups
- Pipping Bag & Tip (Optional)
We are going to start with the crust. This crust is amazing it is crunchy, delicious and the taste of the ginger cookies with the rest of this cheesecake is so good.
In a food processor, we are going to crush up the cookies until they become fine crumbs. Then we need to add the butter and mix it together until it is combined. Go ahead and grab the mini parfait cups and spoon in a layer of the crust then place in the freezer until we are ready to put in the rest of the ingredients.
Why Crunch Pak?
Now onto the cinnamon apples. Before we get started we want to explain really quick why we love using Crunch Pak apples. Crunch Pak’s sliced apples make it so easy to use in a recipe because they are already sliced and washed and even some of their products are peeled which saves us time in the kitchen. They are always fresh and last a long time. Also, they make an excellent snack. After eating so many desserts like we do it is nice to have a healthy snack in the fridge.
To get started with the cinnamon apples for our mini cheesecake we are going to grab a small saucepan melt some butter slightly add the brown sugar and cinnamon until the sugars have dissolved. Once everything is mixed together and the sugar is gone we are going to add our diced apples. Mix together until all the apples are coated then let the cinnamon apple mixture simmer on low heat for about 10–15 minutes. Then take it off the heat to cool.
While the apples cool we are going to start on the cream cheese mixture. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to form. Then set that aside in a small bowl. In a medium-size bowl beat together the softened cream cheese and the sugar until it is smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and sour cream mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula we are going to add in the heavy cream by folding it into the cream cheese mixture until it has become smooth.
We are all done with the two parts of the parfait it is time to layer them into the parfait cups. Starting with the cream cheese, go ahead and spoon in or you can use a piping bag as we did on top of the crust layer. Once you have the cream cheese layer, add the apples on top. You can also add another layer of cream cheese on top if you have some leftover. Continue to do this for the rest of the parfait cups.
Once all the cups are done cover them and place them in the fridge overnight to set.
Voilà! You now have some Mini Apple Cheesecakes. Wasn’t that simple? What we love about this recipe is that looks so fancy but it really didn’t take too much time at all. Now grab a spoon and enjoy!
We want to thank Crunch Pak for sponsoring this post.
Mini Apple Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1½ Cup Ginger Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 Cups Crunch Pak's Sweet Sliced Apples, diced
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream, Cold
- 12 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Mini Parfait Cups
- In a food processor crush the cookies into they have become fine crumbs.
- Add in the melted butter until combined.
- Spoon in a layer of the cookie crust into the mini parfait cups.
- Once all done place the cups in the freezer until we are ready to add the other layers.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter slightly.
- Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Add in the diced apples, mix together until all the apples are coated.
- On low heat let the apples simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Take off heat and let the apples cool; set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer beat the heavy cream until stiff peak begins to form.
- Spoon the heavy cream mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the heavy cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
Layering the Parfaits
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, add a layer of the cream cheese mixture into the parfait cups.
- Then add a layer of the cinnamon apples.
- Continue layering until the whole cup is filled.
- Once you are done layering place in the fridge overnight to allow the cheesecake to set.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Mini Apple Cheesecake Parfait recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more dessert recipes? You can find them here.