Note: This post does contain affiliate links. If you purchase one or more of the products after clicking one of the links, we will receive a small commission. We appreciate and want to thank you for supporting our blog.
Mini Strawberry and Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 5-6 Whole Strawberries
- 3 cups COLD heavy cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 tsp Water
Victorian Sponge Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare two 6-inch cake pans. Grease them and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl if needed.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Beat until each egg is well combined.
- On low speed, begin adding the flour mixture until combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into two 6-inch cake pans. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Note: the tops of the cakes will be pale. Insert a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean it is done.
- Let the cakes cool in their pans for about 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- While cakes are cooling, begin making the cream for the cake. Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the cake place one layer of cake onto a cake stand. Spread a 1-inch layer of cream frosting onto the middle of the cake. Top off with an even layer of sliced strawberries (a much as you can it fit.) Spread another 1-inch layer of cream frosting on top of that.
- Add the second layer on top. Frost cake with the rest of the cream frosting. If you like you can make a pipe a nice border around the cake, it's totally up to you. Top off with whole strawberries. Now onto the glaze.
- Mix together strawberry jam and water together.
- With a small brush, brush the glaze onto the strawberries you topped the cake with to give it a nice shine.
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this Mini Strawberry and Cream Cake be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Want more recipes? You can find them all here.