If you are looking for a super easy salad to make well you need to try this Pear Apple Salad with a Blueberry Vinaigrette. This salad is tasty, refreshing and light. Great start to any meal or even as a meal. This recipe is also great if you meal prep for the week too.
About this Pear Apple Salad:
This is a spinach based salad that is topped with apples, pears, dried cranberries, and walnuts. Please feel free to use any kind of greens you want to this salad you don’t have to stick with just spinach or you can even mix a whole lot of greens together. We think a nice mix of arugula in this salad would be pretty tasty.
About the Blueberry Vinaigrette:
This is blueberry vinaigrette is the perfect touch to this salad is combines so well with all the fruit. This is an olive oil-based dressing. We know a lot of vinaigrette contain balsamic because it gives salads a nice tangy flavor but, to be honest, we really don’t like the taste of balsamic so we wanted to make a dressing without it and we’ve got to say this vinaigrette complimented the salad very well. We feel like Lucy & Ethel from “I Love Lucy” when Ethel & Lucy market their salad dressing while writing this part of the blog post. That is one of our favorite episodes.
There is no wrong way to make a salad. The one thing you really need to keep in mind is that everything is fresh and ripe. **Note there are no measurements for the topping it is a personal preference.
- Apples: We went with red Fuji apples because they are a little sweeter than green apples.
- Walnut or Sliced Almonds: This is completely optional.
- Olive Oil: This recipe does take a lot of olive oil because it does serve 4 – 6 people. Feel free to cut the vinaigrette recipe in half.
- White Vinegar
Meal Prep Tips:
- Pre-washed greens: If you are going to be meal prepping this salad we suggest that you buy pre-washed washed spinach or greens that way they salad stays nice a crunchy when you eat it.
- Pack dressing on the side: We like to use these small portion cups whenever we pack a salad. It keeps the salad from getting wilted and soggy. These little cups do a great job and fit in almost any container.
- Apples & Pears: This part was a little trick we learned to help keep apple fresh and not go completely brown. After you slice the apples put them in a small bowl or bag and add a little lemon juice to them. We do want to note that this will not keep the apple from getting brown but with will definitely slow it down. This trick will also work for the pears too.
We hope you find these tips helpful for your meal prepping.
Now grab a plate and a fork and let dig into this salad!
Pear Apple Salad with Blueberry Vinaigrette
Pear Apple Salad
- 1 Bag Spinach This can be any greens you like
- 1 or 2 Red Fuji Apples, sliced thin There is not measurement because it depends how thin you slice your apples.
- 1 or 2 Pear, sliced thin There is not measurement because it depends how thin you slice your apples.
- Sprinkle of Craisins
- Sprinkle of Walnuts or Almonds **Optional
- 3/4 Cup Blueberries
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- Puree blueberries in a food processor for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add in olive oil, honey, & white vinegar. Puree for another 1 -2 minutes until everything is combined.
Pear Apple Salad
- Rinse spinach if not already rinsed and pat dry.
- Place spinach onto a plate or bowl.
- Top with craisins, sliced pear, sliced apples, walnuts.
- Top with the blueberry vinaigrette.
- Grab a fork and dig in!
We hope you all enjoy! If you made this Pear Apple Salad recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more recipes? You can find them here.