We know that we say that every holiday is our favorite and yes we do like holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving but we have to say that Christmas is our number one favorite. Just the way that everything becomes just a little bit magical. Corny we know but it’s true. The way the Christmas lights look around the city. The cold weather just makes you want to take out your favorite sweater and sit on the couch watching all kinds of Christmas movies with a delicious cup of this Peppermint Hot chocolate.
Of course, we can not forget all those delicious treats. Around this time of year, our baking and cooking goes into overload. You would think we were the Kibbler elves by how much cookies and desserts we make around this time. So today we want to share with you one of favorite holiday drinks. This Peppermint Hot Chocolate is creamy and the easiest recipe you will ever make. It is perfect for cuddling up on the couch just looking at the beautiful Christmas tree.
Let’s crank up the Christmas music and get to making some Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
What you will need:
- Whole Milk. Any milk would work fine but we like the creaminess that whole milk gives this hot chocolate.
- Heavy Cream.
- Bittersweet Chocolate. Dark chocolate would be great in this recipe too.
- Instant Espresso powder. This will not make the hot chocolate taste like coffee it will just simply complement the bittersweet chocolate.
- Peppermint Extract. You can’t make this recipe without peppermint extract that would just be madness.
- Vanilla extract
- Toppings like whipped cream, marshmallows, or peppermint sticks. These are totally up to you.
After you have whipped yourself a nice warm batch of hot chocolate all that is left to do is pour in into your favorite Christmas mug and enjoy.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt Regular Salt works too
- 1½ Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 cup Bitter Sweet Chocolate
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat whisk together milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, and instant coffee powder until well combined.
- Once small bubbles form on the side add in the bittersweet chocolate, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until it has slightly thicked up.
- Pour into your favorite Christmas mug. Top with some whipped cream and candy cane pieces and a dash of cocoa powder. Enjoy,
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more drink recipes? You can find them here.