Smooth creamy ice cream with chunks of pineapple, yellow cake, and maraschino cherries. Taste just like a classic pineapple upside-down cake but with a fun twist.
We think it is safe to say that we have a thing for homemade ice cream recipes. Once you starting making your first batch of homemade ice cream and start getting the hang of it you’ll know what we are talking about.
Not to mention it is so much fun experimenting with different flavor combinations too.
Well, we are here to share with you another fun homemade ice cream recipe. This creamy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Ice Cream.
That’s right you find that this simple to make ice cream taste just like the classic cake you know and love.
Not only does it not require an ice cream machine but it doesn’t take a lot of ingredients either.
So if you are ready to start enjoying a big bowl helping let’s get started.
- Whole milk
- Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
- Pineapple chunks
- Maraschino cherries
- Homemade or store-bought yellow cake or pound cake
- Two metal bowls one large and one medium
- Instant read thermometer
- Plastic wrap
- Never skip the whisking process. When it comes to churning the ice cream always make sure that you are whisking for the 10 minutes four times. This is what is going to make your ice cream nice and creamy.
- When it comes time to add in the pineapple, cake, and cherries be sure to not over mix. Just fold in everything until just combined. Then place back in the freezer.
- Don’t add too much cake to the ice cream because it might absorb too much of the liquid in the mixture.
- To store your ice cream make sure that it is in a freezer-safe container with an air-tight lid.
And that is it you are now ready to sit by the pool or back porch and enjoy a nice cold treat.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ice Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup Heavy Cream cold
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1 8 oz Can of Pineapple Chunks drained
- 1/4 cup Maraschino Cherries
- 1¼ cup Homemade or Store-bought Yellowcake or Pound Cake Cubed
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Keep whisking until the temperature reaches 175° Farenheight.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cold heavy cream until fully combined.
- Place in a metal bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a larger bowl fill it halfway with ice and salt.
- Remove the ice cream mixture from the freezer and place the bowl inside the bowl with the ice and salt.
- Whisk the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Place a towel over the bowl and place everything including the ice bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps 7-8 three more times.
- Fold in the pineapple, cake, and cherries just until incorporated.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
We hope you enjoyed this Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ice Cream recipe! Did you try this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more ice cream recipes? You can find them here.