Homemade muffins with chopped plums baked right in. These quick and easy muffins make a great breakfast option or even as an afternoon snack option.
When it comes to breakfast options we love anything that is quick and easy. Who doesn’t, right? Usually our go-to is oatmeal but there are those mornings when we just want a muffin with our coffee.
How about you are you ready to start munching on some Plum Muffins? Then let’s get started.
Ingredients you will need:
- Butter. We always use salted butter for our baking but feel free to use unsalted if you like.
- Buttermilk. When it comes to buttermilk we always use Bob’s Red Mills Sweet Cream Buttermilk Powder. It is so convenient. It allows you to have fresh buttermilk whenever you need it. If you don’t have buttermilk powder no worries regular buttermilk will work.
- Pastry Flour. Our favorite is Bob’s Red Mills Pastry Flour. But if you don’t have that All-Purpose Flour works too.
- Baking Powder
- Plums. We used red plums but any kind of plums will work for this recipe.
- Turnbanio Sugar
How to make Plum Muffins:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375° Farenheight. Line a standard-size muffin pan with baking liners. Set aside until it is ready to be filled with batter.
Step 2: Add all the dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk everything together.
Step 3: In a separate bowl whisk together the rest of the ingredients except the plums. After all the wet ingredients have been combined pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
Step 4: Mix everything together just until everything is combined. Then fold in the chopped plums. Sprinkle some turnbanio sugar over the tops of the muffins.
Step 5: Next fill the muffin pan with the batter.
Tip: Some say to fill each cup ¾ of the way up and some say to fill the whole cup. Personally we like to fill our muffin pan all the way up so you get that nice muffin dome. Either way will work. It is just a personal preference.
Step 6: Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes. Then allow them to cool for about 10-15 minutes. (We know they smell good it’s hard to resist chomping into them right from the oven.)
After they have cooled grab yourself a large coffee maybe even some milk and enjoy.
- 2 cup Pastry Flour All-purpose flour works too.
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Plums chopped
- 1/2 cup Turnbanio Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375° Farenheight. Line a muffin pan with baking liners. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the butter, eggs, and buttermilk until everything is well combined.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until everything is well combined. Fold in the chopped plums.
- Evenly divide the batter filling each muffin cavity up to the top.
- Sprinkle the turnbanio sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Follow us on Instagram @wonderandcharm and use the #wonderandcharm is you made these Plum Muffins. We love to see your photos.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.