Fluffy and crispy waffles that are full of pumpkin flavor. Topped with pecans and drizzled with maple syrup.
Do you love the smell of waffles in the morning? We do especially on those chilly fall mornings. We don’t know what it is but to us, everything smells better on cold days. And these Pumpkin Pecan Waffles are no exception. When they are cooking in the waffle iron they give off the best warming and cozy pumpkin spice aroma.
Not only do they smell amazing but they taste so good and easy to make. Especially with a little bit of toasted pecan sprinkled on top and a generous helping of maple syrup.
Do we have you craving some Pumpkin Pecan Waffles yet?
If the answer is yes then let’s get to cooking.
- Pastry Flour. All-purpose flour works as well.
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Puree. Not pumpkin pie filling.
- An egg
- Olive Oil
- Vanilla Extract
Tools that you will need:
How to Make Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
Step 1: Toasting the pecans. In a small skillet over medium heat add the pecans and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Step 2:Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Heat up to medium heat.
Step 3: In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
Step 4: In a separate bowl stir together the pumpkin puree, egg yolk, milk, olive oil, and vanilla extract. After everything has been well combined add to the dry ingredients.
Step 5: In another separate bowl using an electric hand mixer beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the rest of the batter. Be sure not to over mix.
Step 6: Pour about ¾ cup of batter onto the waffle iron. The amount of batter may vary depending on the size of your waffle iron. Cook for about 5-8 minutes.
Step 7: Top the waffles with the toasted pecans and a generous helping of maple syrup.
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Pastry Flour All-purpose flour works too
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp+2¼ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree Not Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 Egg Separated
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a skillet over medium heat add the pecans and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from the pan and allow them to cool.
- Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Heat up the iron to medium heat.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together the pumpkin puree, egg yolk, milk, olive oil, and vanilla extract until everything is well combined. Then add the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl using an electric hand mixer beat the egg white on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the egg white into the batter.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Top with the toasted pecans and maple syrup.
Other Pumpkin Recipes to try:
Follow us on Instagram @wonderandcharm and use the #wonderandcharm is you made these Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. We love to see your photos.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*
Looking for more Fall recipes? You can find them here.