Who doesn’t enjoy a nice warm cup of hot chocolate? Today, we’re not making just basic hot chocolate, nope. We are going to make salted caramel hot chocolate. This recipe has become a new favorite of ours. It’s rich, creamy and of course chocolatey. This recipe is quick and super easy, it’s perfect for a cozy night in.
This hot chocolate is a good balance of sweet and salty. We don’t know about you, but we are not big fans of overly sweet hot chocolate.
Want to know the secret to making creamy hot chocolate?
The MELTED chocolate! This is what makes the hot chocolate nice and smooth.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- pinch of Salt (We used vanilla sea salt, but you can use any salt you like)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Ghriadelli Salted Caramel chocolate squares (We used 6 squares, but you can use 1 bar of chocolate)
- Caramel sauce
- Add the milk to a small saucepan on medium-low heat until you see small bubbles form on the sides.
- Turn down heat to low and then add the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined.
- While the milk is warming up go ahead and begin melting your chopped chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until smooth.
- Go ahead & add the chocolate and stir (make sure not to let the chocolate burn)
- Once everything is mixed together serve in your cutest mug. Top off with some whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and a pinch of salt on top. Enjoy!
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more drink recipes? You can find them here.