With all this summer weather a milkshake is a pretty nice way to cool down. How about a S’mores Milkshake? This is a homemade chocolate custard ice cream mixed with graham crackers topped off with marshmallow fluff that is toasted to perfection. Because what is a s’ mores without a toasted marshmallow?
You can choose to use homemade chocolate ice cream and marshmallow fluff or store-bought. Either way, you make this milkshake it is going to taste delicious.
Do we have you craving a milkshake yet? Let’s get into the recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Egg Yolks
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla extract
- Graham Crackers
- Marshmallow Fluff
- A Small Saucepan
- Kitchen Torch
The Chocolate Custard Ice Cream
This ice cream is not like the traditional ice cream we normally make. This ice cream is a custard base which means that it’s slightly thicker.
In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the milk and heavy cream together and bring it to a low simmer.
In a separate bowl add the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch. Whisk together until fully combined.
Slowly pour ½ cup of the cream mixture over the egg mixture to temper the eggs.
Whisk vigorously while pouring the cream to the egg mixture.
Return the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken up. Stir constantly.
Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla, and salt. Allow it to come to room temperature.
Pour into a freezer-safe bowl and cover and freeze for 3 hours.
Blend, Blend, Blend
Churn the ice cream in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Place about 2–3 scoops in a blender. Add in the graham cracker and ½ cup of milk. Blend until smooth.
Pour in a glass. Top with marshmallow fluff. Toast the fluff with a kitchen torch.
Sit back and enjoy!
- 1½ Cup Whole Milk, separated
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Graham Crackers. crushed
- Marshmallow Fluff
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine 1 cup milk and heavy cream together and bring to a low simmer.
- In a separate bowl add the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch. Whisk together until fully combined.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup of the cream mixture over the egg mixture. Whisk vigorously while pouring into the egg mixture.
- Pour back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken. Stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, vanilla, and salt. Allow it to come to room temperature.
- Pour into a freezer-safe bowl, cover, and freeze for 3 hours.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufactures instructions.
- Place about 2-3 scoops of the ice cream in a blender. Add in the crushed graham crackers and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses. Top with marshmallow fluff.
- Toast the marshmallow fluff with a kitchen torch.
Follow us on Instagram @wonderandcharm and use the #wonderandcharm is you made this S’mores Milkshake. We love to see your photos.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*
Looking for more dessert recipes? You can find them here.