This Spinach Artichoke Quiche made out of a tender flaky pie crust filled with a tasty egg, spinach, and artichoke filling. This fancy dish is simple to make and just the thing to take your weekend breakfast to the next level.
What is a quiche?
It is a savory egg mixture that usually consists of breakfast meats, cheese or vegetables and baked in a delicious pie shell.
Anyone else automatically think of brunch when they hear the word quiche? We do. That is probably because every time you go to a brunch it is almost always on the menu. It’s understandable why that is. Not only is it delicious it’s easy to make and is great when you are serving a lot of people.
All this quiche talk has us hankering for a slice of this now. What about you? If you said yes then let’s get to baking.
- Pastry flour
- Ice Water
- Canned Artichoke hearts
- Heavy Cream
- Ground Mustard
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 9-inch pie pan
- Pastry cutter
A few tips:
- When making the pie crust make sure that your butter is cold. Warm or room temperature butter won’t create a nice flaky crust.
- Placing the dough in the freezer while the filling is being prepared will help the dough keep its shape.
- Never overfill your pie crust! By doing this it will cause the mixture to go over the edges while it is cooking in the oven.
- Place the on the bottom rack of the oven while baking. This will make sure that the bottom is cooked evenly.
- Don’t over bake it. The edges should be brown and the center slightly jiggly.
That was easier than you thought, huh?
Spinach Artichoke Quiche
- 1¼ cup Pastry Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter cold and cubed
- 5-8 tbsp Ice Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Canned Artichoke Hearts Drained and rinsed
- 1½ cup Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Eggs
- 1¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add in the cold cubed butter. Using a pastry cutter or fork mix until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the ice water to the mixture one tablespoon at a time just until the dough comes together.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough and roll until the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cover in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° Farenheight.
- Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator. Roll out onto a floured surface creating a 12-inch circle that is 1/4 inch thick. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the rolled out dough. Cut off any excess dough. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add the artichoke and cook for 2-4 minutes. Stir in the spinach and season with salt. Remove from heat and allow it to cool for 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, mustard, and nutmeg until everything is well combined.
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer. Fill the bottom of the crust with the spinach and artichoke. Top with half of the mozzarella.
- Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- Place quiche on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 49-55 minutes or until the eggs are no longer jiggly.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
We hope you all enjoy! If you make this recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.