“Donuts. Is there anything they can’t do?” – Homer Simpson
Making Strawberry donuts today. One of the most classic flavor donuts. We have to admit we don’t get strawberry donuts too often when we do get a box of donuts, we much prefer chocolate with sprinkles but we wanted to try something different.
These donuts are simple to make and make a small batch. We have been trying to save on ingredients so we are trying to make more and more of small-batch recipes.
These Strawberry donuts are moist vanilla cake donuts and have a delicious strawberry glaze. These donuts would make Homer Simpson go crazy.
Let grab those donuts pans and start making some donuts.
The ingredients you will need:
- Pastry Flour
- Baking Powder
- One Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
We are going to start by making the donuts first.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and spray the donuts pans with some non-stick cooking spray. We will set that aside until we are ready for the batter to go into the pans.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
In another medium bowl whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined. Then slowly whisk in the melted butter until combined.
Mix in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Make sure not to over mix it!
Into the Pan:
There are two ways to add the batter into the donut pan.
You can spoon it into the pan with a spoon about ¾ of the way up.
You can also use a piping bag. This is our favorite way to add the batter into the pan because it is less of a mess. Just add the batter into the bag and snip the bottom of the bag.
Pipe the batter into the donut pan about ¾ of the way up.
Bake for 15–18 minutes. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes before moving them into a cooling rack.
Puree the strawberries with the vanilla extract. Pour into a medium-size bowl and stir in one cup of powdered sugar. If the icing is too watery add a little more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Dip the top of the donut into the icing one at a time. Allow the icing to dry then serve.
Now grab a cup of coffee or a glass of milk and enjoy some nice homemade Strawberry donuts.
- 1 Cup Pastry Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup+ 1½ Tsp Milk
- 1½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 or 7 Strawberries, hulled
- 1-2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Cake Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350° (F). Spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined. Slowly whisk in the melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Be sure not to over mix!
- Pipe donut batter into the prepared donut pan 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool for 10 minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack.
- Puree the strawberries with the vanilla extract. Pour into a medium-size bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add more a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Dip the top of the donut into the frosting one at a time. Serve immediately.
We hope you all enjoy! If you make these Strawberry Donuts be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more donut recipes? You can find them right here.
*The links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
We don’t link any products that we don’t use ourselves.*