A creamy and delicious strawberry ice cream that is not only delicious but incredibly easy to make. If you are new to our blog you may not know that we love ice cream. We find any excuse to make a batch or try a new flavor. Ever since we got a new ice cream maker last summer. We have to admit some of the flavors we have tried to create were not always great even downright gross. Today we decided to make a classic, strawberry ice cream.
This ice cream tastes amazing the flavor from the strawberries with the cream. It’s making us crave another bowl right now. You are here to learn to make some strawberry ice cream and we are going to teach you how. Are you ready? Let’s begin. We want to note you will need an ice cream maker.
The ingredients you will need:
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk
- Vanilla Extract- We used Nielsen Massey Indonesian Pure Vanilla Extract
- Salt- We used sea salt, but you are welcome to use table salt.
- Ice Cream Maker- We used the Cuisinart Flavor Duo Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
- Hand Blender or Food Processor
- A large bowl
- A freezer-safe container
How to make Strawberry Ice Cream
Step 1: Puree 2 cups of strawberries and sugar using a hand blender or food processor.
Step 2: Let it sit for 10 minutes.
*** The reason for this so the strawberries can soak in their own juices and the sugar will absorb.
Step 3: In a large bowl add the strawberry puree, heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk together until combined.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker. Churn according to ice cream maker manual instructions.
Step 5: 5 minutes before the churning process is done add in the ¼ cup of the chopped strawberries.
***You, don’t want to do add the fruit too early because it will just sink to the bottom or mush into the ice cream mixture.
Step 6: You can serve this ice cream as soft-serve ice cream or let it freeze for 2-3 hours. We prefer to let it freeze. The ice cream has more time to harden and have a better texture and flavor.
And that is it. How easy and fast was that? The only question now is how will you eat your homemade Strawberry ice cream? In a bowl, a cone, on top of a cookie or brownie, or maybe even drink it as a milkshake.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 ¼ Cups Strawberries, sliced (divided)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Honey
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt You can also use table salt
- Using a hand blender or food processor puree 2 cups of the strawberries and sugar.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes. *This helps the strawberries soak up the sugar and their own juices for more flavor.
- In a large bowl add the strawberry puree, heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, honey, and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- 5 minutes before the churning process is over add in the remaining sliced strawberries (1/4 cup).**Don't add them too soon because they will sink to the bottom or mush into the mixture.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container. Let it freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you tried this Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram using the hashtag #wonderandcharm
Looking for more ice cream recipes? You can find them here.