Crunchy & sweet vanilla granola with toasted almonds. This granola is so simple to make and the best part it takes only a few ingredients.
Like most people, we are always looking for a quick and easy breakfast that does not take too long to put together. This granola is perfect because you can make a batch the day before and eat it as cereal or on top of yogurt.
We love granola because it also makes a perfect snack during the day. We use to eat a lot of junk food as a snack in the afternoon like a bag of chips. We have been trying to eat a little better so this granola is a great option.
The best part is that it tastes so much better than store-bought granola.
Ready to make some?
The ingredients you will need:
- Old Fashioned Oats. Old fashioned oats are more ideal when making granola because they will keep their shape better than steel-cut oats when we add all the other ingredients together.
- Sliced Almonds. You can also use slivered almonds.
- Cinnamon. A little goes a long way with this recipe when it comes to cinnamon. You don’t want to add too much. We really want the vanilla to shine.
- Sea Salt. We know what you might be thinking, salt? Yes, salt. The salt will give it a nice balance of salty and sweetness in the granola. We love to use sea salt but you can use table salt as well.
- Pure Maple Syrup. Pure Maple Syrup is a natural sweetener for the granola. This is a better option than using sugar. Be sure not to use pancake syrup.
- Olive Oil. This will help make the oats crunchy and will give it that nice texture.
- Almond Extract. This is going to help give the granola that nice almond flavor.
- Vanilla Extract. The star of the show when it comes to flavor for this recipe. Make sure to use good quality vanilla extract. We recommend Nielsen Massey Indonesian Pure Vanilla Extract.
- A Baking Sheet
- A Large Bowl
- A Rubber Spatula
How to make the Granola.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°(F).
Step 2: Prepare a baking sheet with some foil and set it aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl mix together the oats, almonds, and cinnamon, and salt.
Step 4: Add the pure maple syrup, olive oil, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
Step 5: Mix together until everything is coated.
Step 6: Spread the oats mixture onto a baking sheet evenly.
Step 7: Bake for 18 minutes.
Step 8: Turn over and make for another 6-8 minutes.
Step 9: Let it cool.
Vanilla Almond Granola
- 1¼ Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt You can also you regular table salt
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup Not pancake syrup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° (F). Prep a baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, olive oil, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula fold all the ingredients until everything is coated.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and spread even layer.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Toss and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Serve and Enjoy
All there left is to enjoy. How do you enjoy your granola? Is it on top of yogurt, as cereal, or as a snack?
This granola can be stored for up to 1 week in an air-tight container.