These homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes are just the thing you need to get in the most important meal of the day. They are perfectly light and fluffy. The only hard part of these pancakes is deciding what to top them with.
“Who wants a pancake, Sweet and piping hot? Good little Grace looks up and says, “I’ll take the one on top.” Who else wants a pancake, Fresh off the griddle? Terrible Theresa smiles and says, “I’ll take the one in the middle.”- Where The Sidewalk Ends. Anyone else remember reading that poem?
A while ago we put a blog post out on how to make boxed pancakes better, but we want to share a homemade pancake recipe because they are fun and easy to make. Don’t get us wrong box pancake mix is delicious but it is nothing compare to the taste and satisfaction of making a beautiful stack of homemade pancakes.
If you are ready let’s tie-up those apron strings and start stacking some pancakes.
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- An egg
Tools you will need:
- A skillet or griddle
- 1/3 measuring cup
A helpful when it comes to flipping pancakes:
We know that sometimes it can be hard to tell when pancakes are ready to flip. A good way to tell is when the bubbles in the batter pop and start to form holes. That is when they should be flipped. After flipping the other side should take only 2-3 minutes to cook.
After all your pancakes have been flipped and served the only thing left is to pour on the syrup and enjoy.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 3 tbsp Butter Melted
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3½ tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1¼ cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond milk, vanilla extract, melted butter, and egg until everything is well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon just until everything is combined. It will be a bit lumpy.
- Melt some butter on a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter on the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Top with your favorite pancake topping and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Share a snapshot with us on Instagram just tag @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We loved to see your photos.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? You can find them here.