Smooth and creamy Honey Frozen Yogurt mixed with delicious roasted strawberries. Don’t worry if you have never made homemade frozen yogurt before it is so much easier than you think. Plus the great part is that you don’t need an ice cream maker!
We want to thank Kiva Health Food for partnering with us on this recipe. We only promote products that we use and enjoy ourselves. Our opinion is 100% our own. This is not a paid partnership.
Does anyone else still crave frozen desserts even in the wintertime? Although it is currently snowing outside we are still craving a nice cold dessert. We usually go for a bowl of ice cream but today we felt like something a bit healthier. Instantly we thought frozen yogurt.
This Honey Frozen Yogurt with Roasted Strawberries recipe is all-natural. There are no processed sugars or fats. This recipe takes very little ingredients and is simple to make. Are you ready to try your hand at making some homemade frozen yogurt? Let’s get started.
The ingredients that you will need:
- Kiva Health Food Manuka Raw Honey UMF 15+
- Vanilla Extract
- Full fat plain greek yogurt
Tools that you will need:
- A medium-sized baking dish
- Air-tight freezer-safe container
- A large food processor or blender
How do you roast strawberries?
Let’s first explain what roasted strawberries are. Roasted strawberries are strawberries that are mixed with a little sugar and are baked in the oven to bring out more sweetness and intense flavor. To make them you just preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenhight. In a bowl mix a 1 pound of strawberries that have been stemmed and sliced in quarters with some sugar. Pour them into a baking dish and bake them for 10 minutes. Then stir them up and bake for another 10 minutes.
Once they have cooled place them into an air-tight container and freeze for about 4 hours.
What is Manuka Honey?
Manuka honey is a monofloral honey produced from the nectar of a manuka tree. Not only does it have a stronger flavor than regular raw honey it has more antibacterial and healing properties.
Our favorite brand of Manuka honey is Kiva Health Food Manuka Raw Honey UMF 15+. Their honey is harvested from the remote and pristine hills, forest, and coastal areas of New Zealand. And is independently tested and rated to be at least UMF 15+.
Not only is this honey great for culinary uses but it also works great for DIY beauty treatments because it has high anti-bacterial properties. We like to mix in a little honey with some red clay powder to make a honey red clay mask.
To make the frozen yogurt:
In a medium bowl mix the Manuka honey, greek yogurt, and half of the vanilla extract until everything is combined. Place in a freezer-safe container and allow it to freeze for one hour.
Once an hour has past take out both the frozen strawberries and yogurt mixture. In a food processor or blender, blend the two until creamy and smooth. Allow it to freeze for 3-4 hours.
You now have some tasty homemade frozen yogurt. You can top it off with some sliced strawberries and more honey if you like or you can eat it on its own, both ways are delicious.
Honey Frozen Yogurt with Roasted Strawberries
- 1 lb Strawberries Stemmed and quartered
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Kiva Health Food Manuka Raw Honey UMF 15+
- 2 cups Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400° Farenheight.
- Place the strawberries into a medium baking dish. Toss the strawberries and sugar together until they are well coated.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Stir and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Allow the strawberries to cool slightly then add in ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir together. Allow it to cool completely.
- Then place in an air-tight container and freeze for 4 hours.
Honey Frozen Yogurt
- Stir together the greek yogurt, Manuka honey, and remaining vanilla extract until everything is combined.
- Pour into an air-tight container and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Take the frozen strawberries out of the freezer and pour them into a food processor or blender. Blend until it is slightly chunky.
- Add the frozen yogurt mixture and blend until fully incorporated. Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop into a bowl. Top with some more strawberries and honey if you like and enjoy.
We hope you all enjoy it! If you make this Honey Frozen Yogurt with Roasted Strawberries recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram @wonderandcharm or use the hashtag #wonderandcharm. We would love to see your photos.
Looking for more frozen treat recipes? You can find them here.